Our Safari guides are fantastic! We feel incredibly lucky to have some of the best trained guides working with us.
Sometimes, some clients want something different. They want to dig a lot deeper as they crave more knowledge of the animals and the land. They want in-depth answers to the what, why, how, when, why not, what if, what now, what more. Specialist guides will have your in-depth knowledge soar.
What makes them specialist guides?
- Guides that have been guiding for more than 15 - 20 + years.
- They train other guides.
- They are friends/mentors with other specialist guides.
- They cater to clients who already know a lot about the land, its people and wildlife.
- Guides who are in the news as they have done research or have been part of research teams or organizations.
- They are into photography and have articles published or are mentioned in articles.
- They care about conservation and are our public voice. They have access to a larger platform.
But above all, they want you to come and enjoy being on Safari. They will have you love our country as much as they do. Twende [let's go] Safari. There are fantastic memories to be made.
We were first introduced to him in 2005 when we were on Safari in Masai Mara. Our luck we crossed paths with him. Paul, who has a gold standard certification, has been a source of information. He was involved with BBC's Big Cat production as well as Disney's African Cats. He has been on many top Safari guide list. A Safari with him would be equal to winning a lottery.
You have head of him many times on our blog. He has been our mentor when we first started Journey To Africa. At that time he operated Oliver's Camp in Tarangire. Today he divided time between Tanzania and Australia. His passion for guiding is unwavering. He is an avid birder. He and his trusty land-rover can take you from Northern to Southern Tanzania. Get ready for a witty time.
I knew Ethan when he was little boy and used to come over with my brother from school in our home town of Arusha, Tanzania. Today, Ethan is an accomplished specialist guide and a sought after guide trainer. Not only does he lead Safaris in every corner of Tanzania but goes to Rwanda as well as Congo. He will lead you into uncharted adventures without shoes - literally - that is how comfortable he is with the environment and wildlife.