Who better to plan and organize your trip to Tanzania and Kenya than a native Tanzanian? Meet Mefi!!
Mefi, owner of Journey To Africa, grew up in Arusha, Tanzania, the gateway town for Safaris to Northern Tanzania. Upon finishing her IB course in Moshi, Tanzania, she moved to San Antonio, Texas to earn her degree from Trinity University. After graduating, Mefi worked for a freight forwarding company but realized sharing the beauty of Tanzania is what gave her goosebumps. That was 16 years ago. Today, she and her husband reside in Houston, Texas, with two children who've been on a few Tanzanian Safaris. Lucky kids!
Mefi gets stays connected to Tanzania through the prolific trips she plans for her clients and the ones she makes herself several times a year. As her clients will attest to, Mefi's pride and passion for her country are palpable and noted in the details of her itineraries. From a tiny coffee house, visit to the Maasai boma off the beaten path or a special area in or around the park, Mefi shows you the Tanzania and Kenya that you wouldn't have access to otherwise.
WHY go on a safari WITH JOURNEY TO AFRICA?
1. We know Tanzania and Kenya.
Southern Serengeti Safari in February is phenomenal but Western Serengeti only if you have time. Why Ruaha in Southern Tanzania is an adventure in March but bustling with wildlife in August. Masai Mara is lovely year round -- even if the Wildebeest and Zebra Migration is not there, the big cats are still hunting. We will take care of all the details when planning your Safari.
3. Our clients return and talk. Our biggest source of new clientele is referrals. This speaks for itself.
4. Assuming you are local in Houston, you can meet with us, in person and learn about your trip over coffee. Not local? Let's FaceTime or Skype. We want you to feel as comfortable and know that meeting with you face to face helps with this sentiment.
5. We give back. $25 from every Safari purchased through us goes to organizations we support like the Rift Valley Children's Village and David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya. We can arrange visit to these great organizations as well.
6. We value Conservation. We fund a lot of charities annually for their conservation efforts. We partner with lodges + tented camps and ground operators who know the importance of conservation. The future of wildlife depends on these efforts.
7. Our friends at Carbon Tanzania help us in Carbon Offsetting our clients' Safari. The lodges + tented camps that we recommend also pay their share. It's a win-win for all.
8. Community. When you go on a Safari with Journey To Africa, you are not only supporting the guides and lodge + tented camp staff, you are supporting their families and beyond. Your dollar goes a long way. Want to do more? Ask us. We will take you to the school that could use supplies or the empower women by going to the village.
9. We go back on Safari often to keep up with the happening in Tanzania and Kenya. We check new lodges + tented camp, explore different parts of Tanzania and Kenya, revisit our recommended lodges + tented camps, catching up with our guides and ground operators. We also love being on Safari and soaking in the wildlife, the landscape, the friendships, the smells and more.
10. Once you book with us, you will have our 24 hour support. From Mefi's mobile for any emergencies - or just saying hello when you are on Safari - to your hosts in Tanzania and Kenya. Your priority is enjoying your Safari.
Happiness is being on Safari.
Let us show you our Tanzania and Kenya on Safari.