//First time on Safari //
Being on Safari is utter happiness. Get ready to explore and experience the range of wildlife, big and small, to the vast differing terrain and landscape, the colors, sunrise and sunsets, the smell of the land and animals, to the different people you will meet on your way. Happiness is being on Safari. Let us get started with planning your Journey To Africa Safari!
What month is most convenient for a Safari? Or do you have dates you can be on Safari?
The best time to go on Safari is --- year round. The animals are always there! We move you from area to area in Serengeti depending on what month you can go. For the rest of the parks in Tanzania + Kenya, there is always an adventure waiting to happen.
How many days can you spend on Safari?
If you can carve out a minimum of 7 nights up to 2-3+ weeks, you will be well rewards. “Haraka haraka haina baraka” – a Swahili saying which translates as hurry hurry has no blessing.
Who is going to join you on your Safari?
Are you a family with children? How old are the children? Is this a honeymoon Safari? Congratulations on your engagement. Are you a group of friends? Are you a couple seeking an adventure? Grandparents taking your children and grandchildren? We love this. Going solo? Perfect get-away. We have planned such Safaris. Let's talk.
Do you have a preference on which lodges + tented camps you want to enjoy?
You may have heard of a lodge + tented camp that you want to experience or you prefer a certain standard, we want to know. We have a range of choices that we can recommend. Give us an idea of where you have stayed before or send us a photograph of what appeals to you or if you have heard of a lodge in the media, we can always incorporate that into your Safari.
How much value can we put on memories? (The dreaded budget question.)
- Option A // Giving us your range. This will give us some guidelines on what lodges + tented camps to suggest.
- Option B // We suggest, you give us your honest thoughts.
Some clients want us to recommend our preferred lodges + tented camps and then we talk. If that is within range, great. If not, we go back to the drawing board and recommend alternatives. We have a range of lodges + tented camps that we have personally stayed in so we can give you our honest opinion -- we know we can find you the right fit.
To give you an idea, our Safaris normally start around $400-500 per person per night for 2 people. Having said that, lots of factors like low season, larger party, children under 16 years can alter the price.
* Our Safaris are all-inclusive. We take care of you from arrival at Nairobi or Kilimanjaro International Airport to departure.
Any activities that you would like to add besides wildlife viewing on Safari?
Besides seeing wildlife, there are some activities that may interest you.
- Off-the-beaten path Maasai village visit.
- Berry picking or hunting with the Hadzabe tribe members.
- Couple hours of walking from camps like Oliver’s Camp or Sayari Camps.
- 2-3 days of Walking Safari in Private Serengeti or Loliondo Area.
- Horse-riding around Lake Manyara Area, Western Kilimanjaro or Chuyu Hills in Kenya.
- Night game drives.
- Trekking in search of chimps in Mahale.
- Spending an hour with the Gorillas in Virunga National Park in Rwanda or Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda.
- Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb - the ultimate adventure.
- Relaxing on the white sanded beaches of the Indian Ocean.
- Snorkeling or scuba diving in Pemba Island
We will go back and forth until we get a Safari itinerary that is just right for you and your Safari partners.
We will then add dates to your Safari, check and book the lodges + camps, confirm your Safari with a 30% deposit, help you get International Airfares, recommend getting Travel Insurance, and send you information including our detailed Traveling Tips for you to get prepared for your Safari.